A sampling of the history of the Food Center, as told by the Index Tribune. Included are surrounding articles and advertisements, to give some sense of the life in the Springs in 1949. That year was indeed a special one in this area, and deserves and article of its own.
1956. Presidential politics anybody?
Architect Hugh Duffy designed the Plaza Center building also.
One of Zan Stark’s wonderful photographs of the building, and more. 1950s.2008. The tiled awning was still in place.